Scaffolding company loses its O-licence. Don’t lose yours!!
Redhill Scaffolding Services and its sole director have been disqualified from holding an O-licence for 18 months following an investigation that revealed widespread non-compliance at the firm.
A DVSA traffic examiner stopped an 18-tonne truck operated by the business at the roadside and discovered a range of offences in December 2017. The driver was not using a driver card and failed to produce relevant paperwork.
There was a defective tachograph, no goods vehicle test certificate in force and the vehicle was also displaying a disc in the name of another company – Personnel Hygiene Services. A DVSA vehicle examiner visited the company’s site in February and conducted a maintenance investigation marked unsatisfactory.
There was no evidence of start-of-day walk round checks being carried out, no drivers’ defect reporting system in use and no record of any defect rectification or remedial work being carried out. In addition, PMIs were not being carried out by the stated contractor.
Also, in October 2012 the operator had its licence suspended for 48 hours for tachograph offences and parking more vehicles than authorised.
HOW JCS TRANSPORT CONSULTANCY CAN HELP
JCS Transport offers a continuous transport management service to holders of restricted operator’s licences to ensure that they comply with their legal obligations.
In effect, we act as your in-house Transport Manager – without the overheads!
This service is designed for operators who:
- Are not fully conversant in the regulations relating to their operator’s licence and vehicles
- Do not feel confident enough or have the relevant experience to manage the entire transport operation
- Are too busy to manage the transport side of their business
- Do not have the budget or need for an in-house Transport Manager Our full transport management service includes:
- Ensuring all current and future drivers are fully aware of the driver’s hours and tachograph regulations
- Analysing digital tachograph data to ensure driver’s hours and working time regulations are being adhered to
- Inspection of maintenance records to ensure all vehicles are being properly inspected and maintained
- Establishing and maintaining a driver defect reporting system
- Managing individual vehicle files to identify forthcoming expiry of MOTs, vehicle tax or tachograph inspection and calibration certificates
- Regular on-site visits – from once a week to once a year – whatever you need
Our specialist transport management service also includes 24-hour a day telephone support.
Give our team a call on 0333 987 4657
FORS Silver and Gold Accreditation
As well as making sure your business achieves and maintains its FORS accreditation at Bronze Level, we can also help you achieve the prestigious Silver and Gold FORS status.
These awards recognise the very best standards and practice in road transport management and put you one step ahead of the competition.
Start your journey to FORS accreditation
Contact us today for a free, no obligation quote and take the first step towards FORS accreditation.