In the years 2017/18, the traffic commissioner had disqualified 110 operators and 144 transport managers.
But through existing licence holders or a business which looks legitimate on paper, some people ignore the ban they’ve been given and carry on operating. It is that silent connection which is a major risk for any legitimate operator and transport manager.
Very recently in the North East a transport manager faced the exact same situation. The operator he worked for hired vehicles and contracted maintenance to businesses which were run by an individual banned from operating until 2028.
The transport manager was given instructions and paid by the disqualified operator – not the licence holder – and didn’t have a contract of employment. He was prevented from carrying out his duties as TM and even asked to move vehicles for the banned operator’s company. The TM left the business because he was not able to do his job.
HOW JCS TRANSPORT CONSULTANCY CAN HELP
JCS Transport offers a continuous transport management service to holders of restricted operator’s licences to ensure that they comply with their legal obligations.
In effect, we act as your in-house Transport Manager – without the overheads!
This service is designed for operators who:
- Are not fully conversant in the regulations relating to their operator’s licence and vehicles
- Do not feel confident enough or have the relevant experience to manage the entire transport operation
- Are too busy to manage the transport side of their business
- Do not have the budget or need for an in-house Transport Manager
Our full transport management service includes:
- Ensuring all current and future drivers are fully aware of the driver’s hours and tachograph regulations
- Analysing digital tachograph data to ensure driver’s hours and working time regulations are being adhered to
- Inspection of maintenance records to ensure all vehicles are being properly inspected and maintained
- Establishing and maintaining a driver defect reporting system
- Managing individual vehicle files to identify forthcoming expiry of MOTs, vehicle tax or tachograph inspection and calibration certificates
- Regular on-site visits – from once a week to once a year – whatever you need
- We can also help with FORS training and accreditation
Our specialist transport management service also includes 24-hour a day telephones support.
FORS Silver and Gold Accreditation
As well as making sure your business achieves and maintains its FORS accreditation at Bronze Level, we can also help you achieve the prestigious Silver and Gold FORS status.
These awards recognise the very best standards and practice in road transport management and put you one step ahead of the competition.
Start your journey to FORS accreditation
Contact us today for a free, no obligation quote and take the first step towards FORS accreditation.