At JCS Transport Consultancy, we provide a full Transport Management service for companies who hold a Restricted Licence.
We also carry out Compliance Audits on the request of the company or on behalf of the Traffic Commissioner for all licences and can take care of the licence application process – leaving you free to do what you do best.
We’ll start by checking if you need a licence
There are exceptions to the licence requirements and we can advise you on whether you need a licence to lawfully conduct your business and, if so, which type of licence.
There are three types of Operator Licences
- Restricted Licence – allows you to transport your own goods as part of your business operations
- Standard National Licence – allows you to transport goods for hire or sale within the UK
- Standard International Licence – allows you to transport goods for hire or sale internationally
A Restricted Licence allows you to transport your own goods in order to carry out your business.
For example, a scaffolding company who transports materials between sites will need a Restricted Licence.
A Restricted Licence does not allow you to carry goods for other people for hire or reward.
Companies who hold a Restricted Licence are not required to employ a full-time qualified person (Transport Manager) to oversee their operations.
However, your business must have the systems and processes in place to demonstrate you comply with all areas covered by a Restricted Licence.
- Driver hours regulations
- Correct use of Tachographs and record-keeping
- Vehicles operate within speed limits and are not overloaded
- Vehicles are kept in a fit and serviceable condition at all times
- An effective driver defect reporting system
- Maintenance records for all inspections and repairs
- Proof that the number of vehicles being operated and the location of operating centres are permitted by the operator’s licence
- Process for notifying the Traffic Commissioner of any changes relating to the operator or overall transport operation
Bespoke service designed around your business
When you work with JCS, we’ll create a bespoke Transport Management Service exclusively to meet the needs of your business and ways of working.
Our practical approach makes it easier for you and your workforce to understand, embed and comply with your obligations. It also saves you money by highlighting areas you can easily manage in-house.
Contact JCS Transport Consultancy today for a free, no obligation discussion about your specific requirements.
Standard International Licence
Holders of a Standard International Licence are also issued with Community Authorisations which are needed for all hire and / or reward operations to member European Union countries. Community and bi-lateral permits are required for travel to or through non-EU countries.
We’re keeping a close eye on how “Brexit” will affect European transport requirements – contact us for the most up-to-date advice and guidance.
How JCS can help
- Complete the GV79 application form
- Complete the INT1 form if an Interim Operator’s Licence is required
- Complete the TM1 form if a Transport Manager is required
- Advise you on the financial information you must provide and the evidence to substantiate your submission
- Respond on your behalf to information requested by the Office of the Traffic Commissioner
How JCS Transport Consultancy can help
In effect, we act as your in-house Transport Manager – without the overheads!
This service is designed for operators who:
- Are not fully conversant in the regulations relating to their operator’s licence and vehicles
- Do not feel confident enough or have the relevant experience to manage the entire transport operation
- Are too busy to manage the transport side of their business
- Do not have the budget or need for an in-house Transport Manager
Our full transport management service includes:
- Ensuring all current and future drivers are fully aware of the driver’s hours and tachograph regulations
- Analysing digital tachograph data to ensure driver’s hours and working time regulations are being adhered to
- Inspection of maintenance records to ensure all vehicles are being properly inspected and maintained
- Establishing and maintaining a driver defect reporting system
- Managing individual vehicle files to identify forthcoming expiry of MOTs, vehicle tax or tachograph inspection and calibration certificates
- Regular on-site visits – from once a week to once a year – whatever you need
Our specialist transport management service also includes 24-hour a day telephone support.